Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Lucan, Dublin
Brazilian Jiu JItsu Academy in Lucan, Dublin
History of BJJ
Jiu-Jitsu has a Japanese origin and after arrived in Brazil it was developed and improved by the Gracie family. It’s the only martial art in the world that had a change to its origin
The development was so successful that today it became known to the world as “Brazilian Jiu Jitsu” which is not only an efficient martial art for self-defence, but also a life style. Training BJJ is to learn how to fight and to immerse yourself in the culture and Brazilian cuisine, to develop friendship outside the academy, spirit of union and the joy of living of the Brazilian people.
It is for these reasons that Brazilian teachers are so successful with their academies abroad, including in Japan.
- Head coach of BJJ Lucan and Carlson Gracie Ireland.
- 4th degree IBJJF black belt (2004) under Master Red belt Orlando Saraiva.
- The highest graded and the most decorated Jiu Jitsu practitioner in Ireland.
- Brown belt World Cup Champion 2004
- 2nd place on World Championship 2001 and 2003
- 3rd place on World Championship 2000, 2002 and 2003
- 7 times Brazilian Champion
- 11 times Sao Paulo State Champion
Evandro Fogalli “Japão”
- Started BJJ in 1996 and black belt since 2007. Main titles:
- 6 X São Paulo Estate Champion
- 5 X Brazilian Champion
- 2 X South American Champion
- 5 X World Champion
- 2 X European Champion
- Black belt under Master Orlando Saraiva 9° degree & Professor Henrique Saraiva 4° degree
Need more information on our available classes? Head over to our Programmes Page to find out more!
Contact us Today
Hills Industrial Estate, 8 Lower Lucan Rd,
Dublin, K78 YT02